Monday 27 April 2009

TUC Black Workers Conference


Last weekend I led the CWU delegation to the TUC Black Workers Conference in Scarborough. On behalf of the Union I'd like to thank Gus, Colin, Sylvia, Bola, Ian, AJ, Graham and Pauline for attending and for promoting CWU and TUC policies on race equality in trade unions and the wider society. It's a privilege to know and represent you all. Congratulations also go to Graham, Gus and Ian for accepting Harry Ramsden's Challenge. Another victory for the CWU.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda, I would like to feedback on the excellent article in the latest CWU Equality E-bulletin, regarding awareness of Ovarian Cancer. Having been in a hospital bed last year during Annual CWU Conference week, when I received the diagnosis of Ovarian Cancer, I am sure you can appreciate how close to my heart this subject is? I am a prime example of a woman who ignored the symptoms for 18 months, putting off seeking medical help as I was "too busy", until I had no choice in the matter and was hospitalised. Reading the statistics quoted in the article makes me feel so very lucky. Raising awareness of Ovarian Cancer for women in the East Mids branch is a subject I have discussed since my treatment with Julia Upton and I am keen to work on a branch awareness campaign with our newly elected Women's Branch Officer, Jacinda Roberts. If there is any more information/suggestions/assistance available from your department on this topic I would be extremely grateful? Many thanks and it was great meeting up last week at DSNAC.

    Nicki

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.