Friday 28 May 2010

Another conference has passed.

Well that's it. Another CWU conference is over. For me it was a bit of a strange affair. I don't know what it is but there was something missing. Anyone agree? For the equality department the conference had it's highs and lows. Our stall was well attended and we distributed just about all of our publications to delegates. In fact we had to send for more from HQ. The equality disco was an outstanding success thanks to the generosity of our branches and delegates who raised £1016 for our Just a Drop project. Absolutely brilliant. We're not far short of our target and I'll be making an anoouncement about where we are in a month or so.  On the down side I had to cancel the equality fringe due to the non appearance of speakers. One has subsquentlyapologised but I am still annoyed with others. Still that's life I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.